Known throughout Northwest Ontario as a high performing company with solid service, the client wanted a website to reflect that.
Initially due to the previous company not updating Joomla and using outdated PHP modules to integrate an old version of WordPress with Joomla – this website not only was not responsive, but it loaded slow and was responsible for infecting 71 other client websites on the dedicated server.
We hardened security, informed the client that their website was blacklisted on Google and got to work. The template was designed and I built it from the PSD from a blank template. Every aspect of this website is dynamic – I used BX Slider to power the sliders on each page, post categories (designated by Custom Field on each page), and featured images to populate the sliders.
We recreated their Request a Quote, and Contact Forms and made sure those worked flawlessly. Lastly (as with all of our client sites) we installed and configured Bulletproof Pro to constantly monitor and reverse any unauthorised file changes.
Northern Ontario’s biggest and best fishing and hunting business were using a company in Florida even though the business is in Kenora. That company had modified Joomla into oblivion. An outdated version of Joomla that couldn’t be updated had resulted in a monumental hack with thousands of database entries.
The client contracted my employer to convert their website to WordPress and make it mobile friendly.
In conjunction with another developer, I used Bootstrap to build the website, BXSlider for the sliders, and core WordPress functions to create a dynamic way of putting individual sliders (which utilize Featured Images) on each page/post using Custom Fields.
I used a custom ‘must-use’ plugin to make sure WordPress and plugins are updated automatically, and installed and configured Bulletproof Pro to monitor the website for file changes.
After that I assisted the client in migrating away from Godaddy and putting the website live.
The finishing touch was creating custom 301 redirects for the old URLs and resubmitting the site to Google using Webmaster Tools to remove the malware blacklisting.